1. These terms and conditions apply to the collection of outstanding debts by Express Debt Collection for client.
2. "Client" means any individual, Company, Partnership or Trader using the service provided by Express Debt Collection.
Use of Information and Confidentiality
3. All information given by the Client to Express Debt Collection will be treated as strictly private and confidential and will be subject to the regulations as outlined under the Data Protection Act.
4. All information provided by Express Debt Collection under these terms and conditions shall be treated in confidence by the client and shall not other than by County Court Order be communicated, copied or otherwise divulged to any person or party whatsoever.
5. Reports or information provided to the Clients may, in whole or part represent expressions of advice or opinion based on data supplied by third parties, the accuracy of which Express Debt Collection will be unable to verify in every case. Express Debt Collection will accept no liability for any errors therein or omissions there from.
6. Express Debt Collection will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever as a result of the Client's use of any report or information supplied by Express Debt Collection.
Indemnity Debt Collection
7. Accounts settled and any monies received via any source after intervention by Express Debt Collection are subject to commission fees at the prevailing rate. These fees must be settled within 30 days from the date of payment receipt.
8. The client must recognise that whilst every effort is made by Express Debt Collection to recover the outstanding balance, no guarantee is either expressed or implied that such money will be recovered.
9. The client must notify Express Debt Collection immediately if there is any change in the amount due in respect of any account passed to Express Debt Collection for collection.
10. If a case is recommended by Express Debt Collection for litigation, no action will take place without the Clients approval, and only after all legal tariffs have been discussed and agreed upon by both Express Debt Collection and the Client. It is the Clients responsibility to advise Express Debt Collection where any payment is received directly from the debtor after legal action has been instigated. Failure to do so may make it difficult for the solicitor to recover any advance court costs that may have been made. Express Debt Collection will not accept liability for any unnecessary costs, which might result.
11. It is accepted that the Client will be notified in advance of any additional costs resulting from legal action, or fees the Client is likely to incur whilst Express Debt Collection carries out the Clients instructions.
12. The time Express Debt Collection takes to perform any obligation under this contract shall not be the essence of the contract.
13. Where agreed in advance, Express Debt Collection will accept settlement of the debt by instalments. The agreed upon fee will be taken from each instalment collected.
Law of Contract
14. This contract shall be governed, construed and enforced in accordance with English Law, which shall be the proper law of this agreement. Both parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
15. The Express Group is a approved trading name of “Corporate Learning Concept ltd”. This is recognised by Companies House and The office of fair trading.